CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors announced today that the team has signed LW Evan Campbell and LW Evan Polei (POH-lie) to amateur tryout agreements.
- 6’1″, 205 lbs., shoots left; from Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
- Drafted in the fifth round of the 2013 NHL Draft by the Edmonton Oilers
- Recently wrapped up a four-year career at UMass-Lowell where he won a Hockey East tournament championship
- Had 55 points (27g-28a) in 128 games with the River Hawks
- 6’2″, 222 lbs., shoots left, from Wetaskiwin, Alberta
- Led the Red Deer Rebels of the Western Hockey League (WHL) in scoring with 33 goals and was third in points with 62 in addition to a team high 104 penalty minutes
- Had 12 points (8g-4a) in 17 WHL playoff games in 2015-16 including two goals in four Memorial Cup games for the host Rebels.
Bakersfield is three points back of Stockton for the final playoff spot with three games remaining. Next up is a meeting in San Diego on Wednesday at 7 p.m. before they head to Stockton on Friday at 7:30 p.m.