https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2015-11-30-Teddy-Bear-.jpg 300 600 condors /_media/logo_1819.png condors2015-11-30 12:06:062015-11-30 12:06:06Condors donate 7,908 bears
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors announced today that the team has donated 7.908 stuffed animals to the United Way of Kern County as a result of the team’s successful 17th annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday.
TEDDY BEAR TOSS 2015
- 7,908 stuffed animals in all shapes and sizes were thrown onto the ice Saturday night when Condors captain LW Ryan Hamilton scored the team’s first goal
- Hamilton’s goal came at 13:55 of the first period and sent the arena into a frenzy. WATCH the madness, click here
- Attendance for the game was 8,212 marking the 12th straight season that Teddy Bear Toss drew over 8,000 fans
- It was the second-most bears collected in team history; tops was 8,075 in 2009
- The bears were counted this morning live from 5-9 a.m. on Eyewitness News at the Society for Disabled Children – watch a segment here
- All of the bears went to over 50 local charitable organizations in Kern County and were distributed by the United Way of Kern County
- This year’s toss helped the team eclipse 100,000 bears donated in history as the average per season is now up to 6,087.
- Yahoo! Puck Daddy took notice of the team’s charitable efforts, read the article here
- The toss clean-up took 12 minutes which by all accounts is one of the fastest in hockey
- The game was presented by Eyewitness News, KERN 1180 AM, & Three Way Chevrolet-Cadillac
FRANK GIFFORD BOBBLEHEAD NIGHT Dec. 4
The Condors return to home ice on Friday, Dec. 4 for Frank Gifford Bobblehead Night, sponsored by Fox Sports 970AM and Bakersfield College. The first 2,000 fans, 10 and older, will receive a bobblehead of Bakersfield’s own and NFL Hall of Famer Frank Gifford. Doors open at 6 p.m., the puck drops at 7 p.m.