ONTARIO, Calif. – The Ontario Reign (10-1-1-3, 24pts) jumped out to a 2-0 lead and hung on for a 2-1 win over the Bakersfield Condors (2-11-0-1, 5pts) on Friday night at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
- Ontario goal: D Jake Newton hopped up into the play, took a feed from F Chad Costello and buried his fifth of the season into an open net. Time of goal: 7:31; Reign lead, 1-0.
- Ontario goal: 46 seconds later, F Mike Towns forced a turnover and fed C Everett Sheen who sniped a shot under the crossbar. Time of goal: 8:17; Reign lead, 2-0.
- F Cameron Abney fought Towns at 10:49.
- Shots: BAK- 10 , ONT- 11
- No scoring in the period.
- Shots: BAK- 7, ONT- 7
- Condors goal: After some great passing on the power play, F Michael Neal powered a shot past G Michael Hutchinson. Time of goal: 7:34; Reign lead, 2-1
- Condors go unsuccessful on two late power plays.
- Shots: BAK- 4, ONT- 3
- 3 Stars: 1. Newton (ONT) , 2. Costello (ONT) , 3. Sheen (ONT)
- Final shots on goal: BAK- 21 , ONT- 21
- Power plays: BAK- 1/4 , ONT- 0/5
- The Condors have not been outshot in seven straight games
- C Joel Broda had a goal waived off late in the first period after it was deemed he played the puck with a high stick
- LW Chris Collins has five points (3g-2a) in his last three games.
- Condors scratches: Garlock, Steffes, Mayer, Follmer, Thurber
Canned Food Drive and Hunger Games = $1 tickets
The Condors wrap up their weekend set in Ontario Saturday night at 6 p.m.
The team returns to home ice on Tuesday, Nov. 26 against the San Francisco Bulls for Canned Food Drive Night, sponsored by La Preciosa 105.3. Get a $1 ticket with the donation of two non-perishable food items. Also, in honor of the release of “Hunger Games: Catching Fire”, bring your ticket from any showing of the film at Maya Cinemas and receive $1 admission to the game.
Saturday after Thanksgiving is the annual Condors Teddy Bear Toss, against the Stockton Thunder at 7 p.m., sponsored by 29 Eyewitness News, KERN 1180 AM and 3-Way Chevrolet-Cadillac. Fans are asked to bring a teddy bear to the game and when the Condors score their first goal of the night, throw them onto the ice.
(Note: this game is the largest of the season, every year, and fans are encouraged to purchase their tickets in advance and arrive early to avoid being stuck in line when the Teddy Bear Toss goal is scored.)
Ticket packages for the 2013-14 season are still available and can be had for close to $10 per month. Click here or call 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.