CONDORSTOWN – The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that the team has signed former NHL G Andy Chiodo.
Chiodo “key-OH-doh” – career stats
- 30 years old, 5’11”, 198 lbs., Toronto, Ontario
- Drafted twice. Once in the 6th round (#166) by the New York Islanders in 2001. The second time was in the 7th round (#199) by the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2003.
- Spent three seasons in the Pittsburgh organization, including playing eight games with the Penguins in 2003-04.
- Played six of his past seven seasons overseas in the Finish and Austrian leagues.
- Split time in 2009-10 between Binghamton (AHL) and Elmira (ECHL) with a record of 8-5-3, a 2.96 goals-against average, and a .905 save percentage with the Jackals.
CONDORS MAKE NATIONAL HEADLINES… AGAIN
The Condors are making national headlines once again, this time forthe commemorative 150th Gettysburg Address Anniversary jerseys the team will wear on Sunday at 4 p.m. against Stockton. Keith Olbemann opened his show on ESPN talking about the sweaters and they have been featured on CBS, NBC Sports Network, Yahoo!, Sports Illustrated (called the Best Uniforms Ever), Deadspin and more!
Condors Team President Matthew Riley will be a guest on National Public Radio’s (NPR) Only A Game program this weekend discussing the jerseys and event. Check local listings for time and station.
At the game the team will auction off the sweaters to benefit BARC. Bakersfield has raised over $860,000 in history for local charity via jersey auctions. If you’re interested in bidding on a jersey, but cannot attend the game, please call 661-324-PUCK (7825). Replicas are available at the Condors team store. Order yours today,click here.
Saturday vs. Las Vegas, 7 p.m. – Star Wars Night
- Saturday, Nov. 9 is Star Wars Night, sponsored by My45,KERN 1180 and Cal Water.
- Star Wars characters will be in attendance, posing for pictures in the Condors Photo Booth and walking the concourse.
- The first 2,000 fans 17 and under will get an Angry Birds Star Wars backpack clip.
- Camelot Park and Wells Fargo Condors Kids Club Night – all members of the kids club receive complimentary lower level admission to this game, by presenting their member ID card at the box office. For information on membership, which costs just $10 for the season, call 324-PUCK (7825).
Sunday vs. Stockton, 4 p.m. – Gettysburg Address Jersey Off Our Backs/Coat Collection
- Sunday, Nov. 10 the Condors host Gettysburg Address JerseyOff Our Backs Night, sponsored by KUZZ 107.9 and Bud Light. The jerseys honor the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address and the auction will benefit Bakersfield ARC.
- Everyone at the game can win one of five of the game-issued jerseys to be raffled off.
- Coat Collection Night, sponsored by Schlumberger – donate a new or gently used coat and get a terrace level ticket for just $1 (plus facilityfee). The coats will be donated to the Mission at Kern County.
- Military Appreciation Night – all veterans and military personnel will receive free lower level admission by presenting their military ID (while supplies last).
- “B” Better Bakersfield Night – students from kindergarten to college who bring a recent report card showing a GPA of 3.0 (or a ‘B’) or better will receive a half-priced ticket.
Download 2013-14 Condors schedule: Click here