CONDORSTOWN – The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers, have revealed the actual jerseys which will be worn this upcoming Sunday to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address presented by KUZZ 107.9 FM and Bud Light.
BUY YOURS | Click here
PHOTO GALLERY | Click here
Called the “Best Uniforms Ever” by Sports Illustrated (click here) and desired by Keith Olbermann on ESPN (click here) to the point that he said he would “probably like to buy one,” the jerseys continue a long tradition in Condorstown of giving back to the community. With over $860,000 raised for local charities through jersey auctions, the team continually raises the bar for charitable work.
The Condors have worn more than 35 specialty jerseys in their history, honoring and commemorating a plethora of people and events including Navy SEALs, Pearl Harbor Memorial, the wrestling singlet of Olympic Gold Medal winner Jake Varner, Bakersfield’s Country Music heritage, Michael Jackson (in which the player wore 1 white glove during the game), and the 25th Anniversary of the 1980 USA Olympic Team Miracle on Ice.
Modeled by Alta Loma, Calif. native D Joe Marciano andCanadian F Cameron Abneyhere are some distinguishing characteristics of the sweater:
- Abraham Lincoln rising to delivering the address on front
- The Condor has a top hat on the crest
- Cannons on the sleeves with stars on the maroon bands
- Script writing of The Gettysburg Address on the back with the opening line “Four score and seven years ago…” bold on the back shoulders
- A battle scene in color on the bottom
- Simply overall awesomeness
In addition to the jersey auction benefiting BARC (click here) the Condors are offering free admission to all military personnel (retired, Veteran, and active) simply by showing their Military I.D. at the box office.
Saturday vs. Las Vegas, 7 p.m. – Star Wars Night
- Saturday, Nov. 9 is Star Wars Night, sponsored by My45,
KERN 1180 and Cal Water.
- Star Wars characters will be in attendance, posing for pictures in the Condors Photo Booth and walking the concourse.
- The first 2,000 fans 17 and under will get an Angry Birds Star Wars backpack clip.
- Camelot Park and Wells Fargo Condors Kids Club Night – all members of the kids club receive complimentary lower level admission to this game, by presenting their member ID card at the box office. For information on membership, which costs just $10 for the season, call 324-PUCK (7825).