Friday, Jan. 25 at Wheeling (4 p.m.)
Sunday, Jan. 27 at Kalamazoo (12 p.m.)
LAST WEEK (Home team in CAPS):
UTAH 5 vs. Condors 3
When F Brett Lyon scored just past the midway point of the second period, it knotted the score at 2-2. But the Grizzlies countered with three of the next four tallies to take the win. F Brett Perlini and F Nicholas Tremblay also scored for the Condors, who were out-shot 40-33 on the evening.
Condors 5 vs. UTAH 2
ONTARIO 2 vs. Condors 1 (OT)
The Monday matinee in Ontario remained scoreless heading into the third period. The Reign took a 1-0 lead 5:05 into the third, only to have the Condors answer with just over a minute remaining in regulation. Bakersfield pulled their goalie for an extra attacker to get the equalizer. A Reign power play in overtime helped lead to the game winner, with the goal coming just one second after the Condors penalty expired.
- Since he joined the team on Jan. 11, no player in the ECHL has more points than F Nicholas Tremblay. He has 5g-6a-11pts in seven games with the team, and saw his six game scoring streak come to end on Monday.
- F Francis Verreault has a point in all nine games he has played in with the Condors, and a 10-game point streak overall, with 4g-8a-12pts during the streak. He is tied for the current longest point streak in the ECHL.
- F Peter Boyd has a point in five straight games, and has nine points (5g-4a) in his last nine games.
- Bakersfield is 4-2-1-0 since the NHL Lockout ended.
- The Condors have gained five points on the Bulls and seven points on the Grizzlies in the last 10 days, in their hunt for playoff positioning.
- G Scott Greenham is 3-1-1-0 in his last five starts, with a 2.17 GAA and a .941 save pct., with one shutout.
- G Scott Greenham is 2nd in the ECHL with 804 saves.
- F Peter Boyd leads the ECHL with five shootout goals and two shootout game-winners.
- F Daniel Koger is tied for 2nd in the ECHL with four shootout goals.
- G Scott Greenham is tied for the league lead with five shootout wins and is 2nd with a .962 shootout save percentage.
- F Brett Lyon is 3rd in the ECHL (and tied for the league lead among rookies) with 12 major penalties.
- F Francis Verreault is 6th in the ECHL in rookie scoring, just three points off the league lead. He is also just two assists off the ECHL rookie lead, with 21.
- D Tyson Gimblett is tied for 2nd among ECHL defensemen with ten major penalties, and fifth with 104 penalty minutes.
- The Condors goaltenders rank 2nd in the ECHL in the shootout with a .846 save percentage.
Points – F Francis Verreault (32)
Goals – F Francis Verreault, F Jacob Lagace, F Peter Boyd (11)
Assists – F Francis Verreault (21)
PIM – F Brett Lyon (106)
+/- – F Francis Verreault (+7)
Sv % – G Scott Greenham (.905)
The Condors remain on the road for the next four, heading out on an Eastern Conference trip this weekend in Wheeling on Friday, Toledo on Saturday and Kalamazoo on Sunday. They head to Las Vegas on Jan. 30 to wrap up the seven-game swing.
Tune in to all the action on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, www.foxsports970am.com or on America One. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes before the drop of the puck.
The Condors host Colorado on Friday/Saturday, February 1st and 2nd. On Feb. 1, the first 2,000 kids 12 and under will get a Condors Youth Jersey featuring Condors Alternate Captain Peter Boyd, sponsored by KGET-TV 17, Hot Hits 93.1 and Rabobank. On Saturday, the first 2,000 fans 5 and older will get a Condors Cowboy Hat, sponsored by Emporium Western Store.
SAVE MONEY WITH A FUN 4-PACK-FREE SNUGGIES!!!!
Get your Condors ticket plan, become a season ticket holder, and enjoy all the great benefits of being in Condorstown, including saving big money on your tickets.
Getting in on the action with a Condors Fun 4-Pack is the perfect way to start the New Year right. Starting at just $32, if you purchase two Fun 4-Packs you get free Condors Snuggie!!
Check out the plan to fit your needs by clicking here or calling 324-PUCK (7825).