CONDORS WEEKLY: Playoff hopes alive after two-win week
Bakersfield is currently 21-41-2-3 with 47 points in the standings. They trail the 8th place San Francisco Bulls by eight points in the standings. Bakersfield has five games remaining, with three on home ice, and will host the Bulls twice in the final week of the regular season.
Tuesday, Mar. 19 at Las Vegas (7 p.m., Orleans Arena)
Friday, Mar. 22 vs. Las Vegas (7 p.m., Rabobank Arena)
LAST WEEK (Home team in CAPS):
CONDORS 2 – Utah 1 (SO)
CONDORS 4 – Utah 3 (SO)
- The Condors post-game jersey auction on Friday raised $18,600 for the Petroleum Shrine Club benefiting Shriner’s Hospital for Children. C Jacob Lagace’s jersey fetched the most at $3,000.
- The Condors own a 6-3-0-1 mark on St. Patrick’s Day all-time.
- C Nicholas Tremblay returned to the lineup after missing two games with a lower-body injury.
- G Brian Stewart has stopped 40 shots on 11 occasions this season and went 10-11 on shootout attempts this week.
- F Brett Lyon (pictured) fought three times in the final twogames on the week to bring his total to 15 with the Condors this season. D Art Bidlevskii also dropped the mitts for the first time with Bakersfield on Sunday
- D Erik Burgdoerfer sits just four games shy of the 200 mark in his Condors career. Only four d-men have played 200 or more games in a Condors sweater: Glen Mears, Scotty Balan, Quinn Fair and Kevin Truelson.
- Burgdoerfer’s two-goal night was the first of his professional career. He has points (2g-2a) in his last three games.
- G Brian Stewart is 2nd in the ECHL with 1,274 saves
- Stewart is 7th in the ECHL with a .917 save pct.
- F Francis Verreault is t-5th in ECHL in rookie scoring with 46 points. Verreault is also 5th among rookies with 158 shots on goal. He has missed the past seven games with injury.
- G Scott Greenham is tied for second in the league lead with five shootout wins and is 2nd with a .962 shootout save percentage (the 1st place goalie has faced just five shootout attempts).
- F Nicholas Tremblay is 5th among rookies with a 20.6% shooting percentage.
- F Brett Lyon is 3rd in the ECHL (and leads all rookies) with 20 major penalties. He is 1st among rookies with 176 penalty minutes.
- D Deron Cousens (pictured) is tied for the league lead among defensemen with a perfect 1.000 shootout percentage (2-2). Both of his shootout goals have been game-winners.
Points – F Francis Verreault (46)
Goals – LW Jacob Lagace/F Francis Verreault (16)
Assists – F Francis Verreault (30)
PIM – F Brett Lyon (176)
+/- – F Shawn Skelly (+12)
Sv % – G Brian Stewart (.917)
The Condors begin the week with a Tuesday night contest in Las Vegas at 7 p.m. Tune in to all the action on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, www.foxsports970am.com or on America One. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes before the drop of the puck.
$1-A-Day Merchandise Credit when you Renew by March 31