The Condors eight-game home stand continues with two games this weekend at Rabobank Arena. I’d be lying if I said it hasn’t felt a little weird being home for two full weeks, and we still have another two full weeks in Bakersfield.
You may like being at home, and that’s fine, but I like things a little spaced out, and as I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want.
Now for the blog…
– Condors Assistant Coach Tony Borgford was my guest on Condors Insider last night and I liked his “business as usual” saying for the Condors this week. Injuries have piled up with Griffin Reinhart, Jordan Oesterle, and Jujhar Khaira all out of the lineup this weekend, but the team continues to chug along. Everyone in the AHL goes through these stretches. If you keep your head above water, which the Condors have, it’s typically a good sign for when “the cavalry” gets healthy and back in the lineup.
– Nice to have Josh Currie on Condors Unleashed Tuesday. You can watch the segment below. As a reminder, Condors Unleashed re-airs on Saturday mornings at 10:30 a.m. on My45. And you can watch all the segments on Condors.TV
– Bakersfield signed two to professional try-outs yesterday, LW Kellan Lain and D Bryce Aneloski. Lain has been playing center in practice the past two days, so we’ll see how he is used. Aneloski was a guy the Condors targeted on two occasions in the ECHL, but never ended up making his way to Bakersfield. Funny how life works.
– Tucson is an interesting team on a number of fronts. One, they enjoy falling behind in games and mounting comebacks (outscored opponents 10-5 in the third period). Two, their power play and penalty kill are both 2nd in the AHL. Lastly, they give up almost 40 shots a game, worst in the AHL. What it all means? They’re the top team statistically in the Pacific Division, have points in their last seven games, and will be a good test for the Condors this weekend.
– Good work from Condorstown and Oil Country getting Laurent Brossoit’s mask on to the finals next week. There will be more voting.
— AHL (@TheAHL) November 10, 2016
– The team spent last night at a Meet & Greet for the “Condors Comrades” program with the Special Olympics meeting athletes they will be paired with at various events throughout the year. It’s a player-driven initiative and a great program.
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) November 10, 2016
– NBC announced today that the Edmonton Oilers / Toronto Maple Leafs game on Tuesday, Nov. 29 will air on NBCSN. Good chance to watch the Oilers and former Condors on National TV.
– Dana Vollmer is here tomorrow night. She’s won FIVE Olympic Gold Medals. When are you ever going to get a chance to say you met a 7-time Olympic Medalist? Buy tickets here
– Lock of the week? So the streak ended last week folks. Went with the Minnesota Vikings and thanks to their ineptitude in the kicking game, I’m out. Let’s switch sports. Connor McGregor (-150) fights Saturday night and friend of Condorstown Cowboy Cerrone (-160) also fights. I like them both.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt a.k.a. Holty is the Voice of the Condors in his sixth season. He’s not a Veteran, but his dad is and he appreciates all the men and women who protect us every day. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty or shoot him an e-mail with questions, comments, and blog ideas to RHolt@bakersfieldcondors.com.