75 degrees in Bakersfield today? Must be hockey weather. Time to bust out the long sleeves and put away the shorts. Oh wait, it’s going to hit triple digits this weekend? Nevermind.
Today is the perfect temperature. You may be similar to @KevinBartl who enjoys 110 in the shade and only read warm-weather blogs, but as I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want.
Now for the blog…
– We begin in Edmonton where fitness and medical testing is underway for 61 players. Of the 61, 27 have either played in Bakersfield before or are currently under contract with the Condors.
– Ice in yet? The process begins today at Rabobank Arena.
– How’d that rookie tournament go? Oilers rookies went 4-0 this past week against Calgary, Winnipeg, Vancouver, and the University of Alberta. Condors signing Joey Benik had a big weekend, 2015-16 Condor Kyle Platzer wore the “C” for the group, and highly-touted college free agent Drake Caggiula scored twice last night against the Golden Bears.
– So Leon Draisaitl’s OT goal for Team Europe earlier this week to get them in the semi-finals was pretty good huh?
– You have 20 friends? Friend of the blog discount on Outdoor Classic tickets for groups of 20 if you click here.
– What’s the broadcast schedule look like? No preseason games will be broadcast. We’ll get going in Manitoba on Oct. 18. Condors Unleashed (that’s our video show where we eat pizza) tentatively returns on Tuesday, Oct. 25 from 2-3 p.m. and then Condors Insider (that’s the radio show where we ask what everyone is eating for dinner) debuts on Wednesday, Oct. 26 from 4-5 p.m.
– Lock of the week? So thanks to Detroit, I’m down to just one Survivor Pool pick. But, heading off the radar for the selection this week. Friday night, friend of the blog @GrizzliesVoice and his Utah Utes -3 at home to the University of Southern California.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt, a.k.a. Holty, enters his sixth season as Voice of the Condors in 2016-17. He’s eating spaghetti for lunch today to get himself in a season pre-game meal mentality. Follow him on Twitter for more nonsense @CondorsHolty or shoot him an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, or blog ideas.