https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/PittSky.jpg 300 600 condors https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/BAK-Website-Header_2324.png condors2016-06-13 10:57:302016-06-13 10:57:30NEED TO KNOW: HOCKEY IS OVER
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – Happy Monday Condorstown, here is what you need to know about Condorstown and the world of hockey for the upcoming week.
PENGUINS WIN THE STANLEY CUP; ALL BUT TWO OF THEM PLAYED IN THE AHL
- The Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup last night with a 3-1, Game 6 win over San Jose.
- 23 of the 25 players on the Penguins roster, including G Matt Murray, game-winning goal scorer D Kris Letang, and leading scorer RW Phil Kessel, played in the AHL. The only two players on the roster who did not play in the AHL were C Sidney Crosby and winger Evgeni Malkin
LAKE ERIE WINS THE CALDER CUP IN FRONT OF NEARLY 20,000 FANS
- The Lake Erie Monsters (NHL: Columbus Blue Jackets) swept the Hershey Bears on Saturdaythanks a 1-0, last-second, overtime win
- Playoff MVP Oliver Bjorkstrand potted the game-winner, his third OT winner of the playoffs (an AHL record) and sixth game-winning goal of the playoffs which tied a record
- Game 4 was played in front of 19,665 fans, the largest crowd ever to watch a hockey game in the state of Ohio and the second-largest playoff crowd in AHL history
ALLEN WINS KELLY CUP; THREE FORMER CONDORS ON ROSTER
- The Allen Americans (NHL: San Jose Sharks) captured their second consecutive ECHL Kelly Cup on Thursday with a Game 6 victory over the Wheeling Nailers
- Former Condors on the team included C Gary Steffes, C Casey Pierro-Zabotel, and F Dyson Stevenson
AHL SETS ATTENDANCE RECORD; CONDORS ATTENDANCE HIGHEST IN 5 YEARS
- The American Hockey League celebrated its 80th season in 2015-16 with its largest-everregular season attendance with an average of 5,982 fans per game
- Including the playoffs, over 7.1 million fans watched AHL action this season, topping over 6,000 fans on average for the first time in history
- Bakersfield registered its highest attendance in five seasons at over 5,100 fans per game
MIXED BAG: CONDORS STAFF HEADED TO THE BURGH & MORE
- The American Hockey League annual Sales & Marketing meetings will be held next week, June 21-23 in Pittsburgh, Penn. While a good amount of Condors staff members will head to the meetings, the office will be open for normal hours all week
- Two NHL teams, Anaheim and Calgary, are without a head coach while St. Louis hired Mike Yeo as an assistant coach with the expectation of him replacing Ken Hitchcock in 2017-18
- AHL teams without a head coach include San Antonio, Iowa, Tucson, Chicago, and Providence
FATHER’S DAY IS AROUND THE CORNER – GIVE DAD CONDORS HOCKEY
Dads love hockey. Dads love the Condors. Dads love Condors hockey. Give dad a Father’s Day to remember with a Condors Pick-6 Plan. As part of the deal, you will also receive a Go America, Go Condors t-shirt. Call us at 324-PUCK (7825) to get the deal today.