https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Norfolk-.jpg 300 600 condors /wp-content/uploads/2022/08/WebSite-Top-Bar-1.png condors2016-06-06 12:58:192016-06-06 12:58:19NEED TO KNOW: Norfolk hires a coach
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – Every Monday, the Condors will give you what you need to know about Condorstown and the world of hockey for the upcoming week.
CONDORS STRIKE PARTNERSHIP AND CREATE THE JUNIOR CONDORS
- The Junior Condors will begin play in 2016-17 with teams ranging from Mites (8u) – Midget (16u) and tryouts this weekend
- Travel hockey will turn blue and orange this season as the teams will be outfitted with jerseys provided by the Condors
- A scholarship program will be funded in the future to provide families needing financial assistance
- 23 ABC Sports Director Stephen Hicks had more on the announcement
SHARKS BITE BACK; GAME 4 TONIGHT
- Thanks to an overtime goal from rookie Joonas Donskoi, the San Jose Sharks won their first game of the Stanley Cup Final on Saturday
- Game 4 in San Jose is tonight at 5 p.m. on NBC
MULTIPLE FINALS MOVE TO CLEVELAND
- Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland will be the site of two league finals this week as the Calder Cup Finals move in tonight, Saturday, and Sunday while the NBA Finals take over on Wednesday and Friday
- Lake Erie won both games in Hershey last week to take a 2-0 series lead over the Bears
- The city of Cleveland has not had a major four professional sports title since 1964 when the Cleveland Barons captured the Calder Cup and the Cleveland Browns won the NFL Championship Game (pre-Super Bowl)
THE MIXED BAG: NORFOLK HIRES A NEW HEAD COACH
- The Condors ECHL affiliate, the Norfolk Admirals, named Rod Aldoff as their new head coach today replacing Eric Veilleux who left to become the head coach of the Victoriaville Tigres (QMJHL)
- Over the weekend, the NHL Scouting Combine was held and OilersTV had the most coverage; Edmonton has the fourth selection in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft to be held in Buffalo on Friday-Saturday, June 24 & 25
- Max Reinhart of the Milwaukee Admirals and brother of 2015-16 Condors d-man Griffin,signed in Germany today
- Still time to purchase the “GO CONDORS, GO AMERICA” ticket deal which includes one of the greatest shirt designs in history
FIELD TRIP DAY – LOWER BOWL FILLS UP – BOOK NOW!
Everyone’s favorite field trip, the Condors annual Field Trip Educational Day, will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 10:30 a.m. Commit your school or class today by calling 324-PUCK (7825). The day includes educational themed games, a take-home booklet, a nutritious lunch, and plenty of fun for all ages! Don’t wait until school starts up in the fall to book your classroom or school today!