https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/LvSlate.jpg 380 669 condors /_media/logo_1819.png condors2014-04-01 22:06:082014-04-01 22:06:08Schaber pots four in Condors 6-5 win
LAS VEGAS – C Chase Schaber scored four goals on the night, including the game-winner as the Bakersfield Condors (31-29-2-4, 68pts) defeated the Las Vegas Wranglers (19-41-4-3, 45pts) 6-5 on Tuesday night at Orleans Arena. Bakersfield led 6-3 with just over a minute remaining before two Wranglers goals made for a tight finish.
- CONDORS goal: C Chase Schaber (12th) on the power play from the right-wing circle. Assist: MacNeil; Time of goal: 6:04; Bakersfield leads, 1-0
- CONDORS goal: LW Andrew Carroll (10th) from the low slot tucked a low shot into the back of the net. Assist: Thurber; Time of goal: 7:12; Bakersfield leads, 2-0
- Shots: BAK – 11 | LV – 7
- Wranglers goal: F Chris Francis beat G Laurent Brossoit on a breakaway. Time of goal: 1:43; Bakersfield leads, 2-1
- CONDORS goal: RW Jordan Knackstedt (18th) snapped a shot past G Travis Fullerton from the slot. Assist: MacNeil; Time of goal: 5:24; Bakersfield leads, 3-1
- CONDORS goal: Schaber (13th) with his second of the night on the backhand after an impressive display of stickhandling at the side of the net. Assists: Joe, Burgdoerfer; Time of goal: 12:17; Bakersfield leads, 4-1
- CONDORS goal: Schaber (14th) completed the hat trick after he chopped home a loose puck at the top of the crease. Assist: Knackstedt; Time of goal: 17:29; Bakersfield leads, 5-1
- Wranglers goal: Francis with his second goal of the game from the left-wing circle. Time of goal: 19:42; Bakersfield leads, 5-2
- Shots: BAK – 9 | LV – 10
- Wranglers goal: Nehring on a penalty shot beat Brossoit. Time of goal: 14:43; Bakersfield leads, 5-3
- CONDORS goal: Schaber (15th) with his fourth of the night on a 5-on-3 after a feed from F Michael Neal. Assists: Neal, Thurber; Time of goal: 16:42; Bakersfield leads, 6-3
- Wranglers goal: F Shawn Skelly from the left-wing circle blasted a shot into the cage. Time of goal: 18:51; Bakersfield leads, 6-4
- Wranglers goal: Francis completed his hat trick from the top of the crease. Time of goal: 19:35; Bakersfield leads, 6-5
- Shots: BAK – 6 | LV – 10
W: Brossoit (22-9-2-0; 27/22)
L: Fullerton (13-21-4-2; 26/20)
- Three Stars: 1. Schaber (BAK) 2. Francis (LV) 3. MacNeil (BAK)
- Final shots: BAK – 26 | LV -27
- Power plays: BAK – 2/5 | LV – 0/2
- Schaber’s four goals were the most by a Condor since Mark Derlago on Feb. 5, 2008 against Victoria.
- It was the first Condors hat trick since Dec. 16, 2011 when Robby Dee scored three in Las Vegas
- F Nick MacNeil had three assists on the night. He now has 2g-4a in his first seven games as a pro
- D Erik Burgdoerfer tied a career-high with his 21st point and was +2
- D Colin Joe earned his first pro point with an assist
- Bakersfield played their final regular season game at Orleans Arena against Las Vegas. The Wranglers are moving to the Plaza Hotel in 2014-15. Bakersfield played the first-ever regular season game at Orleans Arena on October 21, 2003 (4-2 loss)
- G Laurent Brossoit made his first start since backing up Ben Scrivens with the Edmonton Oilers for two games last week
- Condors captain C Joel Broda was returned on loan from Bridgeport (AHL) earlier today and will join the team tomorrow
- Scratches: Pageau (21-IR), Bennett (21-IR), Bunz (21-IR), Cunningham, Watson
NEXT HOME GAMES
Saturday, April 5 – Joel Broda Bobblehead Night
- Condors vs. Las Vegas Wranglers
- The first 2,000 fans 5 and older will get a bobblehead of Condors Team Captain Joel Broda
- Sponsored by Groove 99.3, American Business Machines, Three-Way Chevrolet & Cadillac
- Doors open at 6 p.m., the puck drops at 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 6 – Skate with the Condors
- Condors vs. Las Vegas Wranglers
- 4 p.m. start time
- Bring your skates or rent them at the game, and hit the ice with the team after the game
- “B Better” Bakersfield Game – bring your report card showing a B average or better and get a half-priced ticket
- Sponsored by 29 Eyewitness News and KiX 92.1
- Doors open at 3 p.m., the puck drops at 4 p.m.
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online at www.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Unleashed” weekly live webcast produced by the Bakersfield Californian can be seen on www.Bakersfield.comWednesdays from Noon – 1 p.m.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show, live Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.