Seven players receive Qualifying Offers
F Spencer Bennett
C Joel Broda
F Ryan Little
F Nick MacNeil
C Gary Steffes
C Matt Thurber
F Ryan Watson
Why wasn’t your favorite player from last season Qualified?
The complete rules on Qualifying Offers are below. Although some players simply will not return for 2014-15 for various reasons, there are three distinct reasons why a certain player may not have been qualified:
1. He could already have signed a contract. Players who have been signed already will be announced at a later date.
2. He is a veteran. Veteran players (260 pro games or more) can become free agents on Aug. 1 regardless of whether they have been qualified or not. The Condors did not qualify any veteran players.
3. He was/is on an AHL or NHL contract. G Laurent Brossoit, for example, was assigned to Bakersfield by the Oilers. He was not a player the Condors signed to an ECHL contract, so he is not eligible to be qualified. Players also included under this rule: D Joey Leach, G Chet Pickard, F Andrew Carroll, F Greg Miller, F Mitch Holmberg and D Collin Bowman.
What you need to know about Qualifying Offers:
- Players who had already signed a contract by June 30 did not need to receive a qualifying offer.
- Each team was entitled to reserve the rights to a maximum of eight qualified players. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four could be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the upcoming 2014-15 season).
- Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded.
- The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until Aug. 1 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
- A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player will retain the rights to that veteran until Aug. 1. After Aug. 1, if the veteran player is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams.
BUY TICKETS NOW; PRICES GO UP LATER TODAY!!
OPENING WEEKEND GROUPS AND SUITES!!!!