https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2014-02-14-IDH-Recap.jpg 380 669 condors /_media/logo_1819.png condors2014-02-14 22:05:532014-02-14 22:05:53Streak ends at five in 4-3 loss to Idaho
BOISE – The Bakersfield Condors (22-21-1-3, 48pts) scored a power-play goal and a shorthanded tally, but saw their five-game winning streak end, 4-3, against the Idaho Steelheads (25-17-2-3, 55pts) on Friday night at CenturyLink Arena.
- Idaho goal: F Rob Linsmayer finished a two-on-one rush early in the game. Time of goal: :30; Steelheads lead, 1-0
- CONDORS goal: D Erik Burgdoerfer (6th) shorthanded on a backhanded shot from the bottom of the left-wing circle. Assist: Little; Time of goal: 5:46; Game tied, 1-1
- Shots: BAK – 11 | IDH – 10
- Idaho goal: F Brett Robinson shot from the slot under the crossbar. Time of goal: 7:15; Steelheads lead, 2-1
- FIGHT: RW Jordan Knackstedt dropped the mitts with D Tyler Elbrecht at 8:39
- Idaho goal: D Charlie Dodero off a turnover, one-timed a shot from inside the slot. Time of goal: 10:41; Steelheads lead, 3-1
- CONDORS goal: D Wes Cunningham (3rd) wrapped a shot around the net and through G Josh Watson. Assist: Collins; Time of goal: 19:38; Steelheads lead, 3-2
- Shots: BAK – 9 | IDH – 12
- Idaho goal: Robinson potted his second of the night. from the left-wing circle. Time of goal: 5:46; Steelheads lead, 4-2
- CONDORS goal: C Gary Steffes (6th) wristed home a shot from the left-wing circle on the power play. Assists: Knackstedt, Schaber Time of goal: 11:37; Steelheads lead, 4-3
- Bakersfield had a late power play with G Laurent Brossoit pulled, but could not find the equalizer
- Shots: BAK – 8 | IDH – 8
W: Watson (2-3-0-0; 28/25)
W: Brossoit (14-5-1-0, 30/26)
- Three Stars: 1. Robinson (IDH) 2. Dodero (IDH) 3. Judson (IDH)
- Final shots: BAK – 28 | IDH – 30
- Power plays: BAK – 1/6 | IDH – 0/5
- LW Chris Collins extended his point streak to seven games with an assist (3g-5a)
- D Erik Burgdoerfer’s goal was his career-high sixth.
- Bakersfield is now 5-2-0-0 (4-2-0-0 in Boise) against Idaho this season with four more meetings in the season series
- The Condors have scored a PPG in five straight games
- Scratches: Pageau, Gawryletz, Thurber, Tremblay, Watson
NEXT HOME GAME
Monday, Feb. 17 vs. Alaska Aces
- The Condors host the Aces for a Presidents Day Matinee Game starting at 1 p.m.
- Everyone with the same last name as a U.S. president can get in for just $1
- High school and college students can get $1 tickets by presenting their student ID at the box office
- Sponsored by KERN 1180 AM
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online atwww.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show, live Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.
- The Condors wrap up the three-game set on Saturday at 6:05 p.m.