https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/wyntk-10.jpg 300 600 condors https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/BAK-Website-Header_2324.png condors2017-06-26 17:22:502017-06-26 17:43:45What You Need To Know – Edition 10
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – Miss something last week? Have trouble keeping up with all the latest news in Condorstown? Here is what you may have missed and what you need to know heading into this week.
1. OILERS SELECT SEVEN PLAYERS AT THE NHL DRAFT
- Seven new players entered the Oilers prospect pool over the weekend at the NHL Draft in Chicago, starting with the selection of RW Kailer Yamamoto 22nd overall on Friday night.
- While drafted players can play in the NHL at any time after they sign, in order to be eligible to play in the AHL for the Condors, a player must have exhausted their junior eligibility.
- To review the picks the Oilers made, click here.
2. FOUR PLAYERS RECEIVE QUALIFYING OFFERS FROM EDMONTON
- The Oilers today submitted qualifying offers to four players – two of whom spent the 2016-17 season in Condorstown.
- Leon Draisaitl, Joey LaLeggia, Dillon Simpson and Bogdan Yakimov were all qualified
- By issuing a qualifying offer, teams are given the first right of refusal or draft pick compensation should the player sign an offer sheet with another team.
3. VEGAS SELECTS GRIFFIN REINHART IN THE EXPANSION DRAFT
- Last Wednesday, Griffin Reinhart was selected in the NHL Expansion draft, when the Vegas Golden Knights made him their selection from the Oilers.
- Reinhart played in 84 games over two seasons in Condorstown, posting 31 points. This season, he had 21 points (7g+14a) with Bakersfield, one Outdoor Classic overtime game winner, and added an assist in one Stanley Cup playoff game for the Oilers.
- Oh yeah, Vegas also drafted a familiar goalie the Condors used to play against.
4. MEARS A MEMBER OF SILVER-WINNING MASTERS CUP TEAM USA SQUAD
- Contrats to former Condors D-man Glen Mears, who was a member of the FIRS Masters Cup silver medal-winning team for the USA last week. Mears appeared in nearly 400 games in Bakersfield as a member of the Fog and Condors over seven seasons. The tournament was held in Balzano, Italy. He is pictured in the center of the back row, five players from the left.
5. BBQ sets on sale now
- Dads across Condorstown are basking in the glow of their glorious Father’s Day presents they received, with tickets, golf and a Condors BBQ set. It’s too late to get the Father’s Day Package, but it’s not too late to get your hands on one of those cool Condors BBQ sets. Pick one up now in the Condors office or online here, and get yours in time to be the envy of your 4th of July BBQ.
- The sets include a pair of tongs, a spatula with serrated edge, and a bottle opener – each made from professional hockey sticks. A Condors logo end cap adorns the spatula and bottle opener. They’re pretty cool.