https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2015-04-14-Pageau.jpg 380 669 condors /wp-content/uploads/2022/08/WebSite-Top-Bar-1.png condors2015-04-14 13:40:452015-04-14 13:40:45What’s up in hockey? Edition 1
What’s up in hockey? Edition 1
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, announced today that preparations for the team’s inaugural season in the American Hockey League (AHL) are well underway. With that, every week, the team will give you a “What you need to know” synopsis around the world of hockey.
1. BARONS CLINCH PLAYOFFS
- The Oklahoma City Barons (AHL) clinched a playoff berth for a fifth consecutive seasonwith a 5-0 shutout of the Chicago Wolves (St. Louis Blues affiliate) on Saturday. G Laurent Brossoit, who recently stopped 49 shots in his National Hockey League debut last Thursday, denied 38 shots for his third shutout of the season. Another former Condor, D Nick Pageau scored his first AHL goal and added an assist. WATCH HIGHLIGHTS
- Oklahoma City sits in sixth place in the AHL’s Western Conference and could move as high as fifth. They play tonight against Hamilton (Montreal) and Friday/Saturday against Iowa (Minnesota) to conclude the regular season
2. OILERS PREPARE FOR NHL DRAFT LOTTERY
- This Saturday, Edmonton Oilers Assistant General Manager Bill Scott will represent Oil Country at the NHL Draft Lottery, televised live on NBC at 5 p.m.
- Edmonton has an 11.5% chance of winning the top overall seed at the NHL Entry Draft on June 26. For all of the odds and other information on Saturday’s event, click here.
- For the latest player rankings for the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, click here
3. PLAYOFFS GET UNDERWAY THIS WEEK
- NHL and ECHL playoffs begin this week. In the ECHL Pacific Division, the #1 Idaho Steelheads take on the #4 Utah Grizzlies tomorrow night. In the other matchup, the #2 Ontario Reign take on the #3 Colorado Eagles beginning Thursday.
- In the NHL, the top seed in the Western Conference resides in California as Bruce Boudreau’s Anaheim Ducks take on the Winnipeg Jets. Game one is set for Thursday night at 7:30 p.m.
- All games are televised on NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, and USA
AHL CONDORS MEMBERSHIPS NOW AVAILABLE!
Be part of history as the Condors move to the American Hockey League in 2015-16. Memberships begin for less than $17/month. contact the Condors at 324-PUCK (7825) for more information.