I got an email recently with a midsummer power rankings of the teams in the Western Conference as it stands now. Since I don’t want to reveal my own prognostications (if you know me, you know I don’t give predictions on anything Condors related ex: game scores, how many wins etc), I’ll just leave it up to mystery expert friend of the blog, but keep in mind, this was even before Cunningham and Broda were announced earlier today (click here):
1) Alaska (Mountain Division Winners)
3) Bakersfield (Pacific Division Winners)
8) Las Vegas
9) San Francisco
Since we only see one Eastern Conference team in the regular season, I figure I can get away with a power rankings in the east and not get too much flack. Friend of the blog @KevinBartl says I waste too much of my time looking at other team’s rosters. Then again, he’d rather analyze the kits of some Belgian soccer team and how their goalkeeper will lead them out of relegation.
My rankings are in order of point finish going off what has been announced publicly at this very moment and don’t necessarily involve on-ice things. Why? Not because it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want! Because, I have no idea what the divisions are going to be in the east, how the playoffs are going to operate, or really anything related to the east in general.
So here you go:
1) Reading Royals– The champs have only been strengthened this offseason.
2) Wheeling Nailers – Two good affiliates and they have a great coffee shop next to arena.
3) Greenville Road Warriors – Best offseason commercial. (Click here).
4) Toledo Walleye – Two good affiliates and they’re the best minor league market (click here).
5) South Carolina Stingrays – They’re bringing Hootie to a game. Game, set, and match.
6) Florida Everblades – We play these guys. They have a lot of our players from last year.
7) Elmira Jackals – they’re doing some arena renovations which include a bar. Nice.
8) Cincinnati Cyclones – New coach, one step away last season, still will be good.
9) Fort Wayne Komets – Tuzzolino/Muse are good gets, but new coach/no affiliate right now.
10) Orlando Solar Bears – Always tough to judge with new coach/better with 2 affiliates.
11) Gwinnett Gladiators – Really late in the offseason to hire a head coach w/no HC experience.
12) Evansville IceMen – Get the theme? New coach, but I like the rookie Bissonnette they got.
13) Kalamazoo Wings – Have they announced anyone yet? Great jumbotron though.
Have any thoughts already on either conference? Tweet or email them to me! Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt a.k.a. Holty, is the voice of the Condors and recently wrapped up year two in Condorstown. His favorite soccer team is Tottenham. Have a #HoltysBlog idea? Follow him on Twitter @BroadcastHolt or shoot him an email with ideas to email@example.com