https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2014-03-21-LittleRecap.jpg 380 669 condors /wp-content/uploads/2022/08/WebSite-Top-Bar-1.png condors2014-03-21 21:45:392014-03-21 21:45:39Carroll, Knackstedt score in Condors loss
W: Anderson (3-7-0-2, 26/24)
ONTARIO, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors (29-26-2-3, 63pts) fought back after falling behind early, but surrendered four unanswered goals to the Ontario Reign (40-17-2-3, 85pts) and fell 6-2 on Friday night at Citizens Business Bank Arena. It was just the Condors first regulation loss in their last six games against the Pacific Division-leading Reign.
- Ontario goal: F Rocco Carzo finished off a feed at the top of the crease. Time of goal: 1:16; Reign lead, 1-0
- Ontario goal: F Matt White found the back of the net off a rebound from the slot. Time of goal: 8:16; Reign lead, 2-0
- CONDORS goal: RW Jordan Knackstedt (16th) banked an intended pass off a Reign defenseman and into the net on the power play. Assist: Thurber; Time of goal: 12:16; Reign lead, 2-1
- CONDORS goal: F Andrew Carroll (9th) on a breakaway after a long stretch pass from D Joe Marciano. Assist: Marciano; Time of goal: 13:01; Game tied, 2-2
- Ontario goal: F Gasper Kopitar’s blast from inside the blue line beat G Chet Pickard. Time of goal: 17:06; Reign lead, 3-2
- Ontario goal: On the power play, F Maxim Kitsyn banged home a loose rebound. Time of goal: 19:16; Reign lead, 4-2
- Shots: BAK – 12 | ONT – 14
- G Tyler Bunz replaced Pickard to start the period
- No scoring in this period
- Shots: BAK – 5 | ONT – 5
- Ontario goal: F Derek Couture deposited a loose puck after a scramble in front. Time of goal: 17:37; Reign lead, 5-2
- Ontario goal: D Matt Register’s shot from the point found the back of the net. Time of goal: 19:44; Reign lead, 6-2
- Shots: BAK – 9 | ONT – 6
W: Anderson (3-7-0-2, 26/24)
L: Pickard (4-8-0-0. 14/10)
Relief: Bunz (11/9 in 40 mins.)
- Three Stars: 1. White (ONT) 2. Anderson (ONT) 3. Kopitar (ONT)
- Final shots:BAK – 26 | ONT – 25
- Power plays: BAK – 1/3 | ONT – 1/2
- The Condors played with 10 F and 5 D, one short of normal
- Bakersfield had their five-game point streak (4-0-1) against Ontario snapped and are 4-4-1-0 in the season series with four meetings left
- G Tyler Bunz saw his first game action with the Condors since Jan. 25. He spent the past two months in the AHL with OKC.
- F Jordan Knackstedt (1g-2a) and C Matt Thurber (0g-3a) each extended their point streaks to three games
- The Condors were without top G Laurent Brossoit and leading scorer C Greg Miller who were called up to the AHL in Oklahoma City earlier in the week
- Scratches: Pageau (21-IR), Bennett (21-IR), Cunningham, Gawryletz
NEXT HOME GAME
Saturday, Mar. 22 – Cap Giveaway Night
- Condors vs. Ontario Reign
- First 2,000 fans 5 and older get their choice between a baseball-style cap or a flat-bill cap
- Sponsored by 98.5 The Fox and Three-Way Chevrolet & Cadillac
- Doors open at 6 p.m., the puck drops at 7 p.m.
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online at www.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Unleashed” weekly live webcast produced by the Bakersfield Californian can be seen on www.Bakersfield.comWednesdays from Noon – 1 p.m.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show, live Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.