BAKERSFIELD, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild, have announced their Protected List from the 2010-11 Pacific Division championship squad. In total, 22 players are on the list, including 14 forwards, seven defensemen and one goaltender.
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed a Standard Players Contract (SPC) in 2010-11 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2010-11, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2010-11 regular season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released
F Jean-Marc Beaudoin
LW Kyle Calder
RW J.D. Corbin
F Michael Gergen
RW Stephane Goulet
F Mike Gurtler
F Andrew Ianiero
LW Guillaume Lefebvre
C Francis Lemieux
RW Erick Lizon
C Adam Naglich
F Jonathan Parker
RW Bobby Robins
C Vyacheslav Trukhno
D Erik Burgdoerfer
D Josh Burrows
D Jay Cascalenda
D Tyler Gotto
D Phil Paquet
D Joey Ryan
D Evan Stoflet
G Jim Watt
Players on American Hockey League or National Hockey League contracts, such as G Josh Tordjman, G Brian Stewart, F Joel Broda, C Rylan Kaip and RW Pascal Morency, are not eligible to be protected.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13, and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2010-11.
The Countdown has officially begun! The Condors home opener is just 135 days away, when the ECHL’s newest team, the Colorado Eagles, come to town. Game time is 7 p.m. Ticket packages for the 2011-12 season are now on sale, starting at just $48. The Condors will battle the rival Stockton Thunder in Bakersfield in preseason action on Saturday, Oct. 8 at 7 p.m. Visit www.BakersfieldCondors.com or call 324-PUCK(7825) for more information.
If you followed the Condors on twitter, you would have already known about this story. Follow the team throughout the offseason with team news, player signings, promotions and more on twitter and facebook. Be the first to know!