Princeton, N.J. – The ECHL announced that it will honor an All-Decade Team to celebrate the best players to perform in the League from 2000-2010.
The ECHL will accept nominations from teams and fans starting today and running through Sept. 24. Nominations should be sent to ECHL@echl.com.
Starting in early October, teams and fans will have the opportunity to vote for the All-Decade Team on ECHL.com. The League will announce the All-Decade Team in November. The All-Decade Team will consist of six forwards, four defensemen, two goaltenders and one coach. Act now, Condors fans, and get your favorite Condors nominated for the All-Decade Team!
The Condors have been in the ECHL since the 2003-04 season, having previously played in the West Coast Hockey League.
Notable Condors to consider for nomination: (Stats include playoffs)
Andrew Ianiero (2003-04, 2005-10 with Condors, 2002-10 in ECHL)
- 348 points (120g, 228a) as a Condor, 439 points (151g, 288a) in ECHL. All-Star team 2003, 2004
Kevin Truelson (2005-2009 with Condors, 2003-2009 in ECHL)
- 162 points (48g, 114a) as a Condor, 204 points (59g, 145a) in ECHL. All-Star team 2004, 2007
Sean Venedam (2005-08 with Condors, 2000-02, 2005-08 in ECHL)
- 189 points (72g, 117a) as a Condor, 291 points (106g, 185a) in ECHL. Won Kelly Cup with Greenville in 2001-02
Yutaka Fukufuji (2004-05, 2007-09 with Condors, 2002-03, 2004-09 in EHCL)
- 68-45-9 record, .906 save percentage, 3.02 GAA as a Condor, 100-67-13 in ECHL
Ryan Munce (2005-06 with Condors, 2005-10 in ECHL)
- 35-23-5 record, .919 save percentage, 2.78 GAA as a Condor, 122-95-18 in ECHL
In order to be eligible for the All-Decade Team, players or coaches must have made a significant impact on the ECHL from 2000 through 2010. An individual must have played or coached in parts of at least four seasons from the 2000-01 season through the 2009-10 season to be eligible for the All-Decade Team. Only those accomplishments, statistics, awards, honors and achievements earned during ECHL play should be taken into account when nominating players or coaches for the All-Decade Team. Final nominations will be based on voting and the meeting of certain criteria.