Where did August go? I was listening to Dan Patrick this morning and the guys broke down their least favorite months. Consensus was that July & August were the worst months. I’m throwing the challenge flag on that. February is the worst month. Sure there is the Super Bowl, but other than that, it’s a brutal month. There’s a reason why the month has the fewest days on the calendar…
You might like February, and that’s fine. But as I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want.
Now for the blog…
- The Condors signed Joel Rechlicz earlier this week. Everyone will look at the penalty minutes and fighting majors while wondering why he was signed, but the fact of the matter is I had one of his former coaches and a former teammate both reach out to me and speak volumes about his high character. There are a ton of things that go unnoticed between the 23 guys in the room and what you see on the ice, so if they’re on board, then you should be too.
- Rechlicz will wear #22 with the Condors. Some other returners are swapping numbers as well. Joey LaLeggia swiped #17, Dillon Simpson is moving to #3, and there will be more. Don’t worry, we’ll have a handy graphic for the visual learners.
- Mentioned “behind-the-scenes” in the first point. Speaking more to it, the Condors joined Snapchat this week. Follow us there and we’ll have fan snaps, videos, behind-the-scenes with the players, game night experiences, filters, and more.
- This was the Condors first snap. That’s all I’m saying.
So we sent our first snap. Now what?
👻: BAK_Condors pic.twitter.com/GxyOpxHy5Y
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) September 1, 2016
- Over the weekend the Oilers signed d-man Matthew Benning. It is good news for the Condors as the Oilers depth on the blue line continues to help Bakersfield. Add Benning into the mix and you have the makings of a pretty steady corps group back there.
- Any big announcements coming soon? Certainly. If you want to be the first to know, follow us on Instagram @Condors. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. I will say that a Condors app is in the final stages of production and there will be fun contests associated with that, so stay tuned.
- Rogers Place looks incredible. Congrats to all of “#TheBosses” who helped make that building and area a reality.
Rogers Place. Looking nice. pic.twitter.com/dWxyfE9Olb
— Tom Gazzola (@TomGazzola) September 1, 2016
- College football starts this week. So that’s where we head for the pick of the week. As you may or may not know, I’m a Notre Dame guy. I didn’t have FBS college football, so I picked the next closest thing. Irish -3.5 on the road at Texas. If you need the Catholic school parlay, Holy Cross -19.5 at Morgan State.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt a.k.a. “Holty” enters his sixth season in Condorstown in 2016-17. He enjoys “real Fall” which is basically sweatshirt weather. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty for more nonsense or shoot him an e-mail with questions, comments, or blog topics to firstname.lastname@example.org