I’ve had “do player bios” on my to-do list for about the past three weeks. Since the coaches and training staff have departed for Edmonton, I should probably get on that. Because, the next time I see them, they’ll have 25-30 players in tow and by then it will be too late.
You may like stressed out Holty, and that’s fine, but as I’ll remind you, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want.
Now for the blog…
– Do you like golfing? Do you like golfing during a work day? Do you like hanging out with professional athletes? Well then do I have the deal for you! Monday, October 23 at Rio Bravo Country Club, your foursome will be paired with a Condors player or coach, all to raise money for our charitable arm, the Condors Community Foundation.
– Entry includes lunch and dinner and hey, if you want the short game prowess of me in your group, phone lines are open.
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) August 28, 2017
– If you’re wondering who may be a good Condor to be paired with on the course, Joey LaLeggia, Kyle Platzer, Dillon Simpson, and Greg Chase have pretty good games from what I’m told.
– Round one of the ultimate jersey bracket came to an end last night with round two soldiering on starting today. Some upsets in the first round included 50 Shades of Grey and the Prison Jerseys going down in defeat.
– Over 12,000 votes were cast in round one, so keep on keepin’ on and sign your e-mail up so you don’t miss the next round.
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) August 31, 2017
– With players reporting for rookie camp this week, I would anticipate a full Penticton Rookie Tournament roster soon. You’ll see a chunk of these players in Condorstown this season.
– This week’s player profile was on Grayson Downing who enters his third year pro and figures to be a key for the Condors. The team could definitely use a productive center with the numbers he put up his rookie season to fill with Brad Malone and Josh Currie seemingly destined for two of the lines.
— Bakersfield Condors (@Condors) August 29, 2017
– I tried the Condors Sporcle Quiz on “All-Time Opponents” and got 37/45. Can you beat me?
– Some notes to pass along from the former Condors wedding department: Erik Burgdoerfer was recently married on Long Island and Cameron Abney tied the knot in British Columbia.
– Lock of the week? Well I’ll give you one underdog and one favorite, though as we all know, life is too short to bet the favorite. Friend of the blog, @GrizzliesVoice will be in the house tonight as his alma mater Utah (-20.5) hosts North Dakota. Always back the Utes. Then on ESPN3 you can catch the fan favorite of the blog Holy Cross (+25.5) on the road at FBS doormat UConn. The Cross is getting paid six figures to play the game and they’ll cover. That’s what we like to call in the lock of the weeks, double dippin’. It’s a glorious thing.
Until next time Condorstown…
Ryan Holt aka Holty enters his seventh season as Voice of the Condors in 2017-18. He is an expert green reader. Follow him on Twitter @CondorsHolty for more nonsense or shoot him an e-mail with questions, comments, or blog ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org