https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/CCF-.jpg 300 600 condors /wp-content/uploads/2022/08/WebSite-Top-Bar-1.png condors2017-07-24 13:13:412017-07-24 13:13:41NEED TO KNOW: EDITION 13
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – Miss something last week? Have trouble keeping up with all the latest news in Condorstown? Here is what you may have missed and what you need to know heading into this week.
1. BEAR RAISING GAME
- Oilers prospect Ethan Bear was the subject of an NHL.com article which highlighted his tremendous season for Seattle of the Western Hockey League (WHL)
- Bear led all Thunderbirds d-men in scoring this past season and is eligible to play in the Oilers system this season
- He was selected in the third round (124th overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft by the Oilers
- The American Hockey League will allow players on AHL contracts to go to the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea from February 5 – 26
- Condors beat writer Mike Griffith of The Bakersfield Californian took a look at the news and how it could potentially impact the Condors this winter
- The most notable player on an AHL contract for the Condors is captain Ryan Hamilton, who is a native of Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
3. SUITES ARE GOING FAST – RESERVE YOURS FOR YOUR PARTY OR COMPANY
- From ice level to loge suites, enjoy exciting Condors action from the comforts of your very own suite
- Perfect for your party, function, or networking with colleagues and clients, suite and party space reservations are being accepted now for the upcoming season
4. CONDORS COMMUNITY FOUNDATION NON-PROFIT AWARENESS KICKS OFF!
- The Condors Community Foundation (CCF) will host numerous local non-profits at games this season
- In 2017-18 the Foundation will welcome non-profits, will benefit local charities through the 50/50 raffle, will give opportunities for extraordinary children to have an incredible experience, and host the newly created Fundraising raffle table which will have various items every game to benefit the CCF and other local non-profits
- For more information on how you can showcase your non-profit at one of our games this upcoming season, email Lauren Kaufman at LaurenK@BakersfieldCondors.com