https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Marino_John-.jpg 300 600 condors /_media/logo_1819.png condors2016-05-16 13:05:202016-05-16 13:05:20NEED TO KNOW: Marino and more
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – Every Monday, the Condors will give you what you need to know about Condorstown and the world of hockey for the upcoming week. Dig in…
DRAISAITL HELPS UPSTART GERMAN TEAM IN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
- C Leon Draisaitl, who began the 2015-16 season with the Condors, has four points (1g-3a) in six games with Germany at the IIHF World Championships in Russia
- The Germans clinched a quarter-final berth in the 16-team competition
- Draisaitl is one of four former Condors participating in the tournament. Others include: G Timo Pielmeier (Germany), F Daniel Koger (Hungary), and F Antonin Manavian (France)
CONDORS TAKE HOME HARDWARE FOR CHARITY
- Colonel Claw’d received the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Community Engagement Award at their gala event over the weekend in recognition of his and the organization’s fundraising campaign
- Colonel was part of a whopping $169,000 raised in the fight against cancer
COYOTES CONDITIONALLY APPROVED FOR TUCSON
- The American Hockey League’s Board of Governors met in Chicago last week and conditionally approved the sale of the franchise formerly in Springfield to the Arizona Coyotes with intentions on moving the franchise to Tucson, Ariz.
- If approved, the team would play at the Tucson Convention Center and would give the growing Pacific Division another team out west; Broadcaster Ryan Holt had some ideas for a team name in his most recent “Holty’s Blog” which comes out every Thursday
- The BOG is also reviewing an application for the sale of the Portland franchise to Springfield and will reconvene to vote within the next two weeks
THE MIXED BAG: EVERYONE’S FAVORITE TOPIC
- AHL Playoff Update: The Hershey Bears are on to the AHL Eastern Conference Finals after a Game 7 overtime win on Sunday; the team is led by former Condors coaches Troy Mann and Ryan Murphy and features longtime Condors d-man Erik Burgdoerfer; Out West, Ontario eliminated San Diego and awaits the winner of Grand Rapids/Lake Erie
- In Norfolk, the Condors ECHL affiliate is in search of a new head coach after Eric Veilleux was announced as the head coach of the Victoriaville Tigers of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL)
- Oilers prospect D Ethan Bear’s run in the Western Hockey League playoffs came to an end in Game 5 of the WHL Championship; Bear had an impressive postseason with 22 points (8g-14a) in 18 games to lead all WHL blueliners
- Another prospect, D John Marino, who was drafted in the 6th round (#154 overall) and is committed to Harvard University, is in the United States Hockey League (USHL) Clark Cup Final with the Tri-City Storm; The Storm currently have a 2-0 series lead
- San Jose lost Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals yesterday in St. Louis with Game 2 tomorrow at 5 p.m. on NBCSN
FIELD TRIP DAY – LOWER BOWL SOLD OUT LAST YEAR – BOOK NOW!
Everyone’s favorite field trip, the Condors annual Field Trip Educational Day, will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 10:30 a.m. Commit your school or class today by calling 324-PUCK (7825). The day includes educational themed games, a take-home booklet, a nutritious lunch, and plenty of fun for all ages! Don’t wait until school starts up in the fall to book your classroom or school today!