Weekly Update: 4-0 week has Condors knocking on 5th place door
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors, owned by the Edmonton Oilers, had a perfect 4-0 week, with wins over Las Vegas and Ontario, and find themselves tied with the 5th place Colorado Eagles in points in the Western Conference standings. The Eagles currently retain the 5th spot by virtue of their win percentage – the deciding factor in the standings this season due to an unbalanced schedule.
Tuesday, Condors 6 vs. LAS VEGAS 5
Friday, Condors 3 vs. ONTARIO 0
Saturday, CONDORS 2 vs. Las Vegas 1 (SO)
Sunday, CONDORS 4 vs. Las Vegas 2
Notes from the Nest:
- F Chase Schaber led all ECHL players in scoring last week, posting 6g-2a in the four games, with two game winning goals and an assist on the game tying goal on Saturday.
- Schaber became the 4th Condor to win a weekly ECHL award this season, when he was named ECHL Player of the Week today.
- G Laurent Brossoit went 3-0-0 last week, with a 1.95 GAA and a .929 save pct. He recorded his league-leading 8th shutout of the season on Friday, tying a league record.
- C Joel Broda and C Greg Miller both returned to the Condors lineup last week from stints in the AHL. Broda had four in three games, while Miller had three assists on Sunday.
- D Ian Barteaux and F Brett Beebe were both released by the Condors on Sunday.
- The Condors are tied for 3rd in the ECHL in penalty killing at 86.3%.
- Only four teams in the ECHL allow less shots on goal per game than the Condors (27.17).
- C Matt Thurber became the 10th Condor to reach double digits in goals this season, when he scored on Sunday.
Points – Miller (51)
Goals – Miller (21)
Assists – Miller (30)
Penalty minutes – Carroll (172)
+/- – Little/Burgdoerfer (+15)
Wins – Brossoit (24)
GAA – Brossoit (2.05)
Save pct. – Brossoit (.924)
NEXT HOME GAMES
- All season ticket holders who have renewed for 2014-15 are invited to attend
- 5 – 7 p.m., Rabobank Arena
- watch the Condors practice until 6 p.m.
- All STH can join the team on the ice for a team photo
- complimentary snacks and drinks
Friday, April 11 – meet Captain America
- Condors vs. Stockton Thunder
- Captain America, fresh off the big screen in the blockbuster Captain America: Winter Soldier, will appear in the Condors Photo Booth
- Sponsored by My45, 1560 AM & 97.7 FM KNZR
- Doors open at 6 p.m., the puck drops at 7 p.m.
Sunday, Apr. 13 – UNDIE SUNDAY TOSS
- Presented by My45, KiX 92.1 and Bank of the Sierra
- 4 p.m. start time, doors open at 3 p.m.
- Bring new (never before used, preferably still in the package) undergarments and throw them on the ice when the Condors score their first goal!
- The “undies” will be donated to those in need. Boxers, briefs, diapers, bras, ‘long johns’, socks, undershirts and the like, of all sizes, for males and females will all be gladly accepted
NOTE: This game was scheduled for the postponed game on Dec. 7. If you still have a ticket to the Dec. 7 game, exchange it for a ticket to this game at the Condors office.
- All games, home and away, can be heard on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM (www.foxsports970am.com), through your mobile device on iHeartRadio, or pay-per-view online at www.AmericaOneSports.com. “Condors Countdown” starts 15 minutes prior to the drop of the puck.
- “Condors Unleashed” weekly live webcast produced by the Bakersfield Californian can be seen on www.Bakersfield.com Wednesdays from Noon – 1 p.m.
- “Condors Insider” weekly radio show, live Thursday from 4 – 5 p.m. on Fox Sports Radio 970.