https://www.bakersfieldcondors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/OutDoor_Classic.jpg 300 600 condors /wp-content/uploads/2022/08/WebSite-Top-Bar-1.png condors2016-08-23 09:54:392016-08-23 09:54:39Condorstown Outdoor Classic Jan. 7
Condorstown Outdoor Classic Jan. 7
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. – The Bakersfield Condors announced today the team will hold the Three-Way Chevrolet Condorstown Outdoor Classic presented by Mission Bank at Bakersfield College’s Memorial Stadium against the Ontario Reign on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2017 at 6 p.m.
It is the signature event of the nearly three-week long Winterfest, which will begin on Wednesday, Dec. 21 and conclude with the Outdoor Classic on Saturday, Jan. 7.
Full Condors members receive a ticket to the outdoor game as part of their membership and will receive an e-mail today regarding details on how to purchase additional tickets.
THREE-WAY CHEVROLET CONDORSTOWN WINTERFEST presented by MISSION BANK
- Event will run from Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2016 thru Saturday, Jan. 7, 2017
- Attractions will include public outdoor ice skating, youth and adult hockey tournaments, a 220-ft zip line, winter activities, live music, obstacle courses, kids play area, food and beverage vendors, and more
- Expected to have a $5 million economic impact on the City of Bakersfield
- Two rinks, one regulation size and one smaller “studio” rink, will be setup and managed byRink Specialists who have managed previous outdoor projects including Frozen Fenway at Fenway Park, Toledo Winterfest at Fifth Third Field, Golden State Hockey Rush in Sacramento, and the Hockeytown Winter Festival at Comerica Park
ABOUT MEMORIAL STADIUM
- Home of the Bakersfield College Renegades football team
- Capacity: 19,000
- Opened in 1955
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
- “This is going to be a can’t miss spectacle,” said Condors Team President Matthew Riley. “We cannot thank our partners at Three-Way Chevrolet, Mission Bank, and Bakersfield College enough for believing in this project. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the City of Bakersfield to experience all of the fun and excitement outdoors for nearly three weeks.”
- “AHL fans throughout California proved last year that they are dedicated and passionate about our sport,” said David Andrews, AHL President and Chief Executive Officer. “This event will be a great celebration of hockey in a unique atmosphere, and we look forward in sharing in the excitement with all of Condorstown in January.”
- “Three-Way Chevrolet, celebrating 60 years as Bakersfield’s hometown dealership, is very proud to participate with the Condors and other partners in bringing our community an opportunity to enjoy, in person, professional hockey in its purest form,” said Three-Way Chevrolet President Ted Nicholas. “Growing up playing on frozen ponds are some of the best memories for those of us who grew up lacing our skates every winter. We are very excited to be part of this historic event in Condorstown and encourage everyone to bring the family out and take part in the festivities.”
- The Bakersfield College Memorial Stadium was built in 1956 with the grand vision of bringing the community together — creating extraordinary occasions. The Condors playing ice hockey, outdoors, in this signature venue, is one such occasion, a must-see event,” said President Sonya Christian. “and because of the collaboration of our partners, the international spotlight will shine bright on our community.”
- The official hub for Winterfest is www.bakersfieldcondors.com/classic
- Full Condors members receive a ticket to the Three-Way Chevrolet Condorstown Outdoor Classic as part of their membership and will receive e-mail instructions later today on how to upgrade and/or purchase additional seating to the game
- Click here to view the seating diagram
HOW YOU OR YOUR COMPANY CAN GET INVOLVED IN ALL THE FUN
- Sponsorships are available for a once-in-a lifetime opportunity for your company or group; contact the Condors at 324-PUCK (7825) for more information
- Looking to have your youth or adult hockey team play in one of the many tournaments scheduled for the event? Click here or e-mail Barry Sherer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AHL OUTDOOR GAME HISTORY
- The Three-Way Chevrolet Condorstown Outdoor Classic will be the ninth outdoor game in American Hockey League history
- The Condors visited Raley Field in Sacramento last season on Dec. 19, 2015 for the AHL’s first outdoor game in California, a 3-2 loss to Stockton
- Seven of the eight previous AHL Outdoor games have been decided by a single goal
- Other cities to host AHL outdoor games include Syracuse, N.Y.; Philadelphia, Pa.; Detroit, Mich.; Hershey, Pa.; Rochester, N.Y.; Hamilton, Ontario; Hartford, Conn.